This project hasn’t been touched in a few months so last night I embarked to give it a spin. It failed. Miserably. So I went bug-hunting and got it working again.
- Removed packages no longer available that were causing role to fail.
- Added package Glances to replace htop.
- Fixed an issue with fail2ban configuration tasks.
- Enhanced fail2ban configuration.
- Resolved a typo in a task that prevented swap file from being created.
- Enabled gzip compression to reduce page load times.
- Enabled caching to reduce page load times.
- Removed hardcoded values in vhost.conf.j2 that would have resulted in a misconfigured HTTP to HTTPS redirect.
- Fixed issues that would have prevented automatic renewal cron job from being created.
- Changed default droplet size from 1gb to 2gb.
- removed hardcoded region that would have prevented deleting droplets not deployed in region NYC1.
- Fixed an issue where MySQL port was not being added to wp-config.php, preventing WordPress from starting.
- Fixed an issue where Apache could not access document root.
- Fixed an issue where wp-config.php was getting incorrect database connection details.
- Simplified data returned from script used to create database servers to resolve an issue in install-wordpress.
See commit: https://github.com/seaburr/WordPressOnDigitalOcean/commit/f6226a2ac92a71f891dc23a6fc04a3d521fb227a
Next steps will be focusing on adding an automatic build job to help ensure that this code is always in good, working order.
Have a good weekend and take care of yourselves.